davidchang davidchang 目前離線
初級會員

註冊日期: 2006-03-26
文章: 15
預設 又來了...

又來了 又來了...

引用:

Dear Alex,

I agree with you 100% if not more that if it's just for the domain, I personally won't even pay over 100K for it. However, English.com.tw project is not just domain anymore. It's effectively now the online portal for English education seeker in Taiwan.

English.com.tw currently has little over 40,000 members (all of which are target customers for English related product and service), with daily unique IP traffic around 4,000 and pageviews of well over 10,000. Oh, let's not forget to add the SEO premium to it; for example, if you search the term "English" (or hundreds of other highly priced keywords, let me know if you want the list) on http://www.google.com.tw and http://tw.yahoo.com, you will find English.com.tw to be listed on high top. (all the numbers present above can be verified via Google Analytic by the way)

So, what does all of the above translates to? I personally think it translates to competitive advantage, very little or no marketing dollar is needed for whatever advertisement campaign you plan to have in the future, and effective and most importantly, immediate capture of market share.

With economic down turn like this, investors/bankers/private funds are more likely to look around for a alternative way to hedge their positions, promise Internet business like English.com.tw might just be another way for them to hedge effectively.

Also, I couldn't agree with you more that it is like real estate business, the longer you can't sell you house, the worst the value of it will be. But the thing is... I am not trying to sell it.

Again Alex, I want to thank you for your interest and I wish you the best. Good luck on picking the project. This is a small world (especially Taiwan), if you stay in English education business in Taiwan, I am sure our path will across again in the future. Until them, my best wish to you :-)

Thanks,
- dave
- Hide quoted text -

引用:

On 3/20/08, alex scheiden wrote:
Dear Dave,

Not quite sure if your goal is realistic or not, unless you have a proven income from your site's daily activity, which for sure alexa can't help you on that. My client has a stronger background in language businesses and retailing. The valuation is done and English.com.tw is just 1 candidate with other 8 sites he is interested. He believes that we can make it better. Like you said, It is like real estate business, the longer you can't sell you house, the worst the value of it will be. Luckily you didn;t put too much money in it, as far as we see, unless you promise too much to your key managers, but again I don't see they are doing anything much to help the traffic. So if you are really a hit and run real estate expert, I think you can make a better offer. anything over 1 million we think is a fairy tale.

Alex

引用:

On 3/20/08, David Chang wrote:
Hi Alex,

Thank you for your interest and I am sorry to dispoint you again that
I am not ready to sell the project at this time or at least not at
that price. I had similair offer 3Q07 and my exit strategy is 5 mil
for this project.

If you don't mind I ask, why are willing to spend 1 million dollars on
just the domain and not the entire project? And what's your
intention/plan with the name?
回覆時引用此篇文章